BLOG

The Castle of Indolence

Today on the site, something I didn’t even realize how much I wanted to read before this morning: Joe McCulloch writes about Yuichi Yokoyama in his column this week, as well as his normal roundup of upcoming comics.

Elsewhere:

Eddie Campbell continues his excellent series of casual posts about romance comics, this time focusing on the men who introduced the category: Simon and Kirby.

Justin Green’s blog is something else (as you’d expect from his comics, of course). Here’s a post in which he reproduces a drawing done for a friend, ponders shifting public morality using Upton Sinclair’s The Jungle as a landmark, and wonders about the future of intimate communication.

Speaking of Green, somehow I missed that last month he started a new site, and is posting comics on a weekly basis.

Tom Spurgeon interviews T. Edward Bak about his recent stay in Russia.

The Guardian runs an obituary for Francisco Solan López.

And oh yeah: this. I don’t think there’s been a project quite this promising since the publication of Alexandra Ripley’s Scarlett.


2 Responses to The Castle of Indolence

  1. Ian Harker says:

    The Watchmen 2 thing is funny to me. It points out the inherent backwardness in the thinking of mainstream comics fans. Like somehow they are able to overlook the fact that 99% of what makes Watchmen a good comic is that it was made by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. It’s like, Peanuts is 99% good because Charles Schulz made it, the other 1% is the coffee mugs.

  2. patrick ford says:

    True, except It’s not 99% it’s 100%.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>